Saturday, February 16, 2019

When Unicorn Memes are All You Have.




I have blogged my whole life.  It started out in what we used to call - a diary.  I also write music.  This is a type of blogging that often needs explanation to find the real meaning, but most people just make it work for their situation.  Over the past few years I have jotted down ideas; made top 10 lists, and decided – I would make an awesome storyteller and the world would praise me for my words.  I then paid for two years of webpage ownership and managed to make one article.  It was the ‘Top 10 Unicorn Memes”.  Instead of telling my story, sharing helpful advice, offering great recipes, and all of the other wonders of blogging, I changed diapers, washed clothes, chased the dog, and fell asleep trying to write out Valentine’s Day cards for 30 second graders.

This is why I decided to start writing about the thing that runs my entire life... being a mommy. 

I am one of the five human members of this family.  The other two are 1) the reason I take stock in lint rollers, Foxy the Dog, and 2) the resident of a loud, stinky tank in my daughters room that she swears she will one day take care of, Hoku the Turtle.  Our family is blended.  The two older siblings, 11 and 8, are from my S.O.’s previous marriage.  He and I also have an almost three-year-old.  Being the ‘step-mom’ is not as easy as I thought it should/would be.  Especially when they became full-time residents of this home.

Mommy, Rylan, Foxy, Skyar, and Baby Eli
This space is my sounding board, my funny time, a place where others can share, and a home for Unicorn Memes.  The content is based off of my mommy life and a splash of my time apart from that.


Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment